Michael began his adjusting career in Cardiff, UK in 1979 as a claims technician. He progressed to a property adjuster focusing on domestic and small commercial property claims in Brighton, UK and moved to London as a liability adjuster handling general property losses in the area then specialising in public, products, and employers’ liability claims, mostly in south east England.
In 1990, he relocated to Thailand as a technical manager responsible for all losses handled by his office and a keen focus on construction and engineering claims as well as risk surveys in Bangkok and throughout Thailand. Michael moved back to London in 1993 as a senior home/foreign adjuster, travelling regularly to southern and eastern Europe and sub-Saharan Africa on civil engineering and infrastructure projects. In 2005, he established a consultancy providing loss assessing advice and representation to international contractors for their insurance claims and contractual disputes in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. Michael returned to loss adjusting in 2008 dealing with construction, power, and engineering losses world-wide.
Michael again returned to Thailand in 2017 to service as technical director for another global loss adjusting firm and joined McLarens in November 2018 to handle large and complex losses throughout the country and surrounding territories and to provide technical support for adjusters including overseeing of reporting.
- Water transfer tunnel collapse USD 2m
- Various HDD collapses USD 1-2m
- Flooding of potash mine during commissioning (USD 33 Million)
- Contingent business interruption loss at salt processing plant (USD 1.5 Million)
- Construction defects at cogeneration power plant (USD 3 Million)
- Construction losses at hydro-electric power plants (USD 1-10 Million)
- Various machinery breakdown and business interruption losses at combined cycle power plants (USD 3-15 Million)
- Ammonia vapour explosion at chicken processing factory (USD 16 Million)
- Windstorm and water damage at electronics factory (USD 2.5 Million)
- Fire at synthetic textile factory (USD 3 Million)