Mike began his adjusting career in 1990, when he became a Multi-Line Adjuster with GAB Business Services. In addition to completion of advanced training in both property and casualty claims handling, Mike earned his Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree and continues to advance his knowledge through ongoing industry education and training.
After joining a national carrier in 1996, Mike earned numerous leadership awards including “The Distinguished Leadership Award” (twice), “Best of the Best,” and the “Bronze Medal” while managing a litigation focused team in which he maintained sole responsibility for over USD 50 million in claim reserves.
Mike returned to the independent adjustment space in 2009 where he has added to his extensive background in handling large and complex commercial and industrial property claims involving risks in both public and private sectors. He has been heavily involved in the response efforts to numerous CAT events from 1992’s Hurricane Andrew to 1996, and nearly every hurricane from 2009 to present day.
Mike handles a variety of losses including Builder’s Risk, Hospitality, Condominium Associations, Cannabis industry, Apartment Complex, Commercial Risks, Large Industrial Properties, Churches, Retail Outlets, Inland Marine and Cargo, Products Liability, Premises Liability, and Business Interruption.
Mike joined McLarens as an Executive General Adjuster in 2019.
- Roofing material manufactirer — Birmingham, AL: Fire (USD $5 Million)
- Hi-rise condominium complex — Morehead City, NC: Hurricane Florence (USD $8 Million)
- Hi-rise condominium complex under construction — Miami, FL: Builder’s Risk / Water damage (USD $5 Million)
- Retail distribution center — Dayton, Ohio: Tornado (USD $40 Million)
- Residential communities — US Virgin Islands: Hurricane Maria (USD $5 Million)
- Hydroponic growing operation / greenhouse — Ohio: Contamination (USD $2.5 Million)
- Multi-location hospitality — Florida: Hurricane Ian (USD $26 Million)