After leaving the Australian Army (Royal Australian Signal Corps), Neale spent most of the last 25 years in the marine industry. Specialising in marine electronics, Neale has been involved with system design, integration, installation and commissioning of electronics packages.
After a period as the QLD state manager for B&G Electronics, Neale was involved in a number of boat building projects, before being offered a position with Marinassess in 2004, to establish an insurance assessing presence in QLD.
Joining MYI Freemans (later Cerno) in 2009, Neale expanded his role beyond Risk and Condition surveys for vessels, as well as assessing and loss adjusting, to include marine cargo supervision and assessing, and project cargo supervision and risk mitigation including heavy lift projects. As part of Cerno’s Lloyd’s Agency requirements, Neale successfully completed all Lloyd’s Agency certificates during courses in New Zealand and Singapore, including Technical Cargo Surveying and Claims & Recoveries.
Neale has undertaken vessel surveys and salvages around the country as well as in the South Pacific and Micronesia for European underwriters.
Neale has been a Full member of the International Institute of Marine Surveying since 2013.
- Pleasurecraft/small commercial vessel survey, loss adjusting, risk assessment.
- Cargo Loading and Lashing / Securing
- Ship and barges
- Road / rail / air cargo movements
- Loading and discharge operations projects (including Heavy Lift and Critical Items)
- Break-Bulk and Containerised
- Over dimensional cargoes
- Claims adjusting and recoveries
- Rollover claim for a power generation company (USD 2.5 Million)
- Collision claim for a commercial tug operator (USD 1.5 Million)
- Hailstorm claim for a car dealership (USD 3.5 Million)
- Oversight critical equipment discharge for a coal exporter (USD 10 Million +)
- Remote Pacific salvage claim for an European underwriter (USD 1.3 Million)
Lloyds CCSP 1 & 2; Lloyds Claims & Recoveries Module 3
IIMS (International Institute of Marine Surveyors)
Pleasurecraft/small commercial vessel survey, risk assessment. Cargo Loading and Lashing / Securing, Consulting, Ship and Barges
16 years 2004