Nick began his career in claims management in 2007 with Travelers Insurance. During his time at Travelers (2007-2013) he received best-in-class technical training and leadership development from the state-of-the-art facilities of Travelers Claims University. With Travelers, Nick managed personal and commercial claims across multiple lines including auto, liability, and property. In 2013, Nick left Travelers and joined the Risk Management department of Petco Animal Supplies, one of the nation’s leading pet specialty retailers with over 1,500 stores nationwide. After successfully managing their property and liability claims, he was later promoted to Risk Manager overseeing their entire risk program.
Nick specializes in the management of property and casualty claims with values over USD 1 million. He takes a hands-on approach to claim strategy as well as coordinating resolution efforts with insureds, insurance carriers, and attorneys.
He is involved with many industry organisations including:
- Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) – South Texas Chapter
- Young Risk Professionals – San Antonio Chapter
- San Antonio Claims Association – Scholarship Committee
- Claims and Litigation Management Society – Fellow
- Commercial property – Hurricanes and other weather event damage, business interruption, and inventory loss (several multi-million USD claims)
- Commercial retail property – Fire (successful resolution and subrogation)
- Commercial retail property – Property damage, business interruption, and inventory loss (Successful resolution with subrogation recovery)
- Product liability – Wrongful death claim (gained a defense verdict in high profile / high value case)
- Premises liability – various cases (gained multiple summary judgements and defense verdicts in high-value cases)
- Auto liability – Physical damage (successfully managed many claims to resolution)