Nick is a Chartered Loss Adjuster with over fifteen years’ experience in the insurance and loss adjusting industries across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific.
Nick specialises in Property and Casualty losses, providing advice on issues such as building, contents and stock losses, retaining wall and land failure, and the resolution of complex claims.
He has worked regularly on large losses in Fiji since 2012, in both catastrophe and business as usual environments.
Nick has extensive CAT response experience, particularly cyclone, flood and storm related in New Zealand, Australia and Fiji; and in earthquake losses across New Zealand as a result of the Gisborne event in 2007, Fiordland in 2009, Christchurch earthquake response from 2010-15 and the Kaikoura event in 2016.
Nick works with principals and insureds to manage expectations and establish appropriate timeframes to manage a loss through to its final resolution. He remains focused on delivering results within agreed deadlines and works alongside all stakeholders involved in the claims’ process in a professional and friendly manner.
- Earthquake Damage Claim – Large Retail Clothing Chain, Christchurch, New Zealand (USD 3 Million)
- Earthquake Damage Claim – Denominational Church Building, Christchurch, New Zealand (USD 5 Million)
- Fire Damage Claim – Large Industrial Building, Wellington, New Zealand 2014 (USD 1.5 Million)
- Landslip Damage Claim – Residential Building, Nelson, New Zealand 2015 (USD 1 Million)
- Fire Damage Claim – Four Kindergartens, Nelson, New Zealand (USD 100 K each)
- Storm Damage Claim – Energy Company, Taranaki, New Zealand 2011 (USD 700 K)
- Catastrophe Response – Hailstorm Damage – Melbourne, Australia 2010: mix of commercial and large domestic losses between USD 25 K and 800 K. Initial assessment and scoping, reporting for local loss adjusters to take over.
- Cyclone Damage – Island Resorts, Fiji (USD 9 Million – 35 Million)
- Storm Damage Claim – Island Resort, Fiji 2012 (USD 1 Million)
- Cyclone Damage Claims – Island Resorts, Fiji 2012/13 (USD 1 Million – 20 Million)
- Flood Damage Claims – Queensland, Australia January / February 2013 (USD 20 K – 600 K)