Om started his career in loss adjusting in 2013 with an international loss adjusting firm in Thailand, after graduating with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from university in Belgium. He was involved in handling a broad portfolio of losses, covering a range of disciplines and of differing sizes and complexities. He was also involved in handling claims assigned directly from Reinsurers in APAC region.
He reached the position of Manager which, in addition to handling his own caseload, involved managing a team of Loss Adjusters as well as assisting the Directors and Managing Director in overseeing staff and claims.
He joined McLarens Thailand in January 2022 as a Specialist Engineering Adjuster. Om is involved with the following associations; The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, Australian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjuster, Thailand Insurance Institute.
- Fire at crepe paper manufacturer – USD 5 million
- Port quay damaged from vessel collision – USD 500,000
- Losses caused by power interruption at petrochemical plant – USD 2.2 million
- Losses caused by biochemical reaction at sugar mill factory – USD 1 million
- Product Liability claim at brewery factory – USD 1 million
- Dust explosion at cement plant – USD 1.2 million
- Fidelity claim at petrochemical manufacturer – USD 1.5 million
- Financial loss resulted from cyber attack at paper mill factory in Indonesia – USD 500,000
- Machinery damage in Myanmar – USD 220,000
- Flood loss at sugar mill factory – USD 2.5 million