Oona’s insurance career began as a claims analyst in the miscellaneous errors and omissions department of National Union Fire Insurance Company in New York. She transitioned to specialty lines claims in the crisis management department of American International Underwriters handling international claims for kidnap and ransom, contaminated products, workplace violence, and product recall product lines.
Heading west to Los Angeles, Oona underwrote and marketed crisis management products throughout the Southwest region before moving to the foreign casualty department to focus on underwriting multinational casualty programs for Fortune 500 global companies with revenues in excess of $500 million. From there, Oona became a client advisor in the Multinational Casualty Practice of an international P&C broker consulting with a range of multinational clients on their international casualty and property exposures to develop solutions from program design and implementation to network facilitation.
In 2015, Oona returned to Product Recall and Contaminated Products claims handling where she brought her extensive service experience, technical knowledge, creative problem solving and resourcefulness to bear for clients. Oona Cremata was the Senior Vice President & Chief Claims Officer of the product recall operating unit of a US insurer that provides worldwide insurance protection and technical assistance with the prevention, management and indemnification of product recall and contamination events. In her most recent role, Oona established and managed a ground up claims operation focused on providing exceptional service and support.
- Cheese Manufacturer: Salmonella Contamination (USD 30 Million)
- International Chicken Processor: Adulterated Product (USD 35 Million)
- Protein Bar Manufacturer: Salmonella Contamination (USD 90 Million)
- Furniture Distributor: Laceration Hazard in Product Line (USD 25 Million)
- Flavoring Ingredient Manufacturer: Salmonella Contamination (USD 40 Million)
- Produce Grower: Salmonella Contamination (USD 25 Million)
- Cleaning Product Manufacturer: Bacterial Contamination (USD 30 Million)
- Pre-Made Meal Kits Distributor: Product Adulteration (USD 15 Million)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturer: Insterility of Production Process (USD 7 Million)
- Condiment Ingredient Manufacturer: Product Contamination (USD 9 Million)
- Spice Mix Manufacturer: Allergen Contamination (USD 5 Million)
- Produce Processor: Listeria Contamination (USD 15 Million)