Paul commenced his insurance career as an Insurance Broker in Melbourne in 1980, moving to Loss Adjusting in 1983. Paul moved to London to continue working as a Loss Adjusting in 1995, returning to Melbourne before moving to Papua New Guinea to manage country operations and continue Loss Adjusting. Upon return to Brisbane, Paul established the Brisbane operation of Robertson and Co in 1996 that was later acquired by Crawford and Company in 2002.
Paul joined McLarens Brisbane office in October 2019 as an Executive Adjuster to lead major and complex assignments. In his time, Paul has handled many large and complex matters including business interruption losses across a variety of business sectors locally within Australia and around the South and Mid Pacific.
- Medium Rise Residential Buildings: Storm (USD 7 Million)
- Hospital: Storm (USD 25 Million)
- Cyclone, Government Infrastructure, Queensland, $50 million.
- Commercial and Residential Medium Rise Building: Fire (USD 23 Million)
- Hotel: Fire (USD 11 Million)
- Bucket Wheel Reclaimer Under Construction: Cyclone (USD 2.5 Million)
- Retirement Village: Flood (USD 7 Million)
- Medium Rise Hotel: Cyclone (USD 6 Million)
- High Rise Building Under Construction: Flood (USD 19 Million)
- Shopping Mall: Fire (USD 5.5 Million)
- Resort: Fire (USD 3.9 Million)
- Wharf: Impact by Ship (USD 2.8 Million)
- Motor Dealership: Typhoon, (USD 6 Million)
- Telephone Exchange: Volcanic Eruption (USD 2.5 Million)
- Marine Transit during construction of Gold Mine, Various
- Construction during erection of Gold Mine, Various
AICLA (Fellow), FAII (Fellow)
Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Business Studies (Insurance)
Retail, Hotels, Resorts, Government Infrastructure, Contractors All Risk, Business Interruption
37 years 1983