Peter worked as field engineer and then as a manager in the chemical industry for 12 years in Lebanon and the UAE from 1981 before being recruited by the McLarens representative office in Beirut in 1993.
He has since gained extensive experience in handling large industrial property claims and contractors related losses throughout Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iran and Iraq. More recently he has been involved in several Political Violence claims in Egypt and Syria.
Peter is fluent in English, French and Arabic and has dual Lebanese/Canadian citizenship so is able to work effectively throughout the region including the Magreb and Africa.
His field of activity has involved the following:
- Industrial and chemical plants, construction, and machinery breakdown with their associated Business Interruption claims.
- Fires, explosions and machinery breakdown of turbines, generators, and transformers in power stations and process plants.
- Loss of piles, collapse of reinforced concrete and structural steel work under construction/erection, storm damage to reclamation, settlement of consolidated ground foundations, collapse of deep basement excavations, site fires, thefts of materials for incorporation in the works at numerous locations
- Airport infrastructure claims (Beirut International Airport)
- Natural perils losses to beach front resorts, marinas, jetties.
- Losses in pulp and paper mills, shopping malls, major hotels and resorts