Richard started working in the insurance industry in 2006 in a desktop claims handling capacity for two leading personal lines insurers, moving into Loss Adjusting in 2011 as a Major & Complex Loss Adjusting Executive within Cunningham Lindsey UK’s South-West region. Having undertaken two tours of New Zealand assisting with Catastrophe claims during 2011 & 2012 here turned to his role within Major & Complex Loss and began studying for his ACILA qualification, which he achieved in 2015, and progressively handled larger and more complex claims. During 2019 he joined the Major & Complex Loss Team at Crawford & Company UK as a Senior Loss Adjuster operating out of Bristol and throughout the Midlands and South-West region.
Richard achieved Distinction within his first ACILA ‘Principles of Insurance’ Chartership exam and became the youngest Chartered Loss Adjuster in the UK at the age of 26 during 2015.
- 2011 – Several high value Earthquake losses in New Zealand
- 2015 – Wedding Venue Fire (£1.2 Million)
- 2016 – Fire at Grade II Listed National Trust building (£3.5 Million)
- 2017 – Fire at Local Authority Leisure Facility (£5 Million)
- 2018 – Fire at Woodshaving Manufacturer (£4 Million)
- 2020 – Fire at Lithium Ion Battery Research and Development Facility (£6.5 Million)