Richard is an experienced loss adjuster with over 30 years in the industry, and has recently rejoined the McLarens operation in the UAE.
Starting his career with McLarens in various UK regional offices, Richard then worked a spell in the Caribbean (2003-05) before relocating to the UAE in 2005 where he has been based ever since. During this period he has held senior management roles within international loss adjusting practices.
Richard has gained an extensive working knowledge of CAR / EAR, machinery breakdown, engineering, commercial property, business interruption, legal liability, and financial lines losses, has overseen high profile construction claims programs, as well as managing notable power and water/ oil and gas industry accounts, operating in the UAE, GCC, and the wider region.
- CAR – design defect/museum
- CAR – settlement of infrastructure/airport
- CAR – various road, pipeline, hotel, mall, high rise risks; fire, weather, defect, collapse losses
- Explosion – nitrogen gas generator; commercial fish farm
- Machinery Breakdown – marine loading arm
- CPM – tower crane collapse
- Fire / BI – chemical storage facility
- Fire – various mixed-use towers, shopping malls, warehouses
- Contingent BI losses – utility operator (Oman); hospitality industry (UAE/GCC)
- Windstorm / BI – telecom network; hotel & tourism risks
- Automotive – weather event/stored vehicles
- Bankers Blanket Bond – employee fraud