After studying structural engineering, Rudie started in a position as claims handler and underwriter for Construction All Risks and construction-related General Liability insurances with a major Dutch insurance company. In 2007, Rudie made the switch to loss adjusting when he joined Vanderwal & Joosten, a McLarens Company, and a top tier loss adjusting firm.
With over 10 years of experience working in the Dutch and London Insurance Industry, Rudie developed into a versatile adjuster who is involved in predominantly complex CAR/EAR, Property, Liability and Marine claims that frequently require traveling worldwide.
In 2017, Rudie was part of a McLarens CAT team in the Caribbean following hurricanes Irma and Maria. In 2019, Rudie was deployed to the Bahamas dealing with numerous claims caused by hurricane Dorian.
- Port terminal crane collapse in Belgium (USD 25 Million)
- Water damage in under construction laboratory (USD 7 Million)
- Crankshaft issues of truck engines: Recall (USD 6.75 Million)
- Steel quality issues in biogas storage tanks in Germany: CAR (USD 4.275 Million)
- Gas explosion in residential area: Liability (USD 3 Million)
- Water damage to pharmaceuticals: All Risks (USD 2.5 Million)
- Numerous losses due to failing bicycle components: Product Liability (up to USD 2 Million each)
- Numerous losses to service stations all over Europe (up to USD 1.5 Million each)
- Soil remediation project: Subsidence in residential area (USD 1.2 Million)
- Electrical fire in high worth villa in the Netherlands: Liability (USD 1.2 Million)
- Construction in Netherlands: Quay wall deformation (USD 700 K)
- Fire in a mobile home in Belgium: Product liability (USD 160 K)