Russell joined McLarens in early 2015 and focuses primarily on commercial property and construction and engineering claims with particular specialism in building defect analysis, cost appraisals, and the building regulations.
Graduating with a first class honours degree in 2004 and qualifying as a Chartered Building Surveyor in 2009, Russell has worked in private building surveying practices in both London and Belfast and has experience of various surveying activities including contract administration, bulk asbestos sampling, subsidence investigation, flood protection, and the preparation of building plans and schedules.
- Fire loss to three-storey Georgian era property converted to offices (GBP 2.6 Million)
- Fire loss to large, harbour warehouse facility (GBP 2 Million)
- Subsidence investigations throughout UK and Ireland (ranging GBP 10 – 500,000)
- Flood damage to historic mill building converted to residential apartments (EUR 500,000)
- Fire claim to multi-occupancy property including residential apartments and commercial premises (GBP 400,000)
- CAR/Storm damage claim to city centre construction site (EUR 300,000)
- Fire loss caused by escape and ignition of kerosene to historic, listed public house (EUR 300,000)
- Fire total loss to remotely located plant item (GBP 200,000)