In 1997 Sander started his professional career as a designer at the Division Roads and later as a design and project leader involved in several Dutch motorways and non-motorways projects. In 2005 he joined Vanderwal & Joosten where he handled claims for the International and National Insurance Market, contractors and governments committees. During his career he has gained broad experience in handling Construction and Liability claims.
In 2011 Sander became one of the co-owners of Vanderwal & Joosten (VWJ), a renowned name in the local insurance market for major and complex losses with a technical or engineering aspect. He is part of the Management Team but still spends most of his time handling claims.
Furthermore, Sander is a member of the technical work group of the Dutch Association of Insurers and a member of the work group Build damage prevention and member of the workgroup Build damage prevention of the platform inner-city quay walls by CROW (a Dutch technology platform for transport, infrastructure and public space).
- Crane collapse while hoisting bridge deck, several liability claims (€ 17 Million)
- Maintenance of a canal, several liability claims (€ 25 Million)
- Fire in railway power station, property (€ 1 Million)
- Cracks in asphalt pavement (€ 1 Million)
- Subsidence of a dike and sheet piles (€ 0,7 Million)