Scott brings to McLarens over 40 years of property and casualty insurance industry experience. In addition, Scott is California Earthquake Certified and holds a PCLA designation. During his impressive career, Scott has held titles including Claim Manager, Regional Manager, and National General Adjuster.
Beginning his career on the carrier side of the business, Scott eventually transitioned to independent adjuster work, even owning an adjusting firm. Scott has extensive experience working with litigated files, attending settlement conferences/trials, and negotiating authorised settlements. He has also handled multiple-insurer catastrophe claims for Hurricanes Ike, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, along with several flood/wind/hail events in Colorado. In addition, Scott worked as an Appraiser and Umpire in the appraisal process and has handled inland marine and public entity claims.
- Flood damage to buildings, heavy equipment, vehicles and utilities infrastructure (USD 2.5 Million)
- Wyoming city/county/utility: Hail claim involving 90 buildings, park and recreation, 300 city/county/utility vehicles (USD 2.5 Million)
- Large national carrier of vehicles with London program account
- Account adjuster for large dealership account for their vehicle inventory coverage
- Hurricane claim involving 80 locations, 1,200 structures with 6 Underwriters (USD 37 Million)
- Retail loss involving structure, merchandise, salvage, and business interruption (USD 8 Million)