Shawn began his career with Adjusters Canada Inc. in 1995, (later Crawford & Company) and worked in the Global Technical Services Division as a Senior General Adjuster. For four years Shawn was a Partner in an Insurance Industry Emergency Services/ Construction Company. This
experience provided invaluable knowledge in construction, associated laws, and building codes which has served well in the insurance adjusting field.
In May 2010, Shawn partnered with Shawn Malik and James Giffen to form MGB Claims Consultants Inc., a specialized risk adjusting firm servicing the commercial and industrial risk market. Shawn has extensive expertise in major Commercial & Industrial Property, Boiler & Machinery, Energy & Power Generation, Arson, Construction All Risk- Energy All Risk, and Wrap-Up Liability.
- Renewable Energy – Wind Farm, wildfire Prevention of Access claim, (CAD 28 Million)
- Flax Seed manufacturing plant, Fire (CAD 25 Million)
- Retirement Home/ Long term care , Fire (CAD 35 Million)
- Power Generation, Electrical breakdown (CAD 18 Million)
- Power Generation, Tornado (CAD 15 Million)
- Renewable Energy -Wind Farm, Turbine Collapse (CAD 7 Million)
- Power Generation – Electrical breakdown/ fire (CAD 12 Million)
- Power Generation – NG turbine failure (CAD 6 Million)
- Power Generation – NG turbine/ steam boiler failure (CAD 6 Million)
- Energy All Risk – project property damage due to ice boom failure (CAD 10 Million)