During the first six years of his career, Sjaak worked for various consultancy and engineering firms, where he gained knowledge about soil contamination, asbestos, environmental damage and remediation.
From that background, he started in 2013 as an environmental loss-adjuster and dealt with a variety of claims in the fields of environmental damage, remediation and related liability issues. In 2022 Sjaak joined McLarens.
- Oil spill from damaged underground high-voltage cable (€ 2,000,000)
- Oil spill oil refinery on the island and coast of Curaçao (€ 150,000)
- Spill of bitumen emulsion in sewer system (€ 300,000)
- Coral reef damage off the coast of Curaçao caused by construction work
- Spill of fermented manure from digester (€ 250,000)
- Surface water contaminated with pesticides after a fire (€ 200,000)