Stuart entered the industry in 2003 as an insurance surveyor working for a national contractor dealing with property repairs. After years of continued development, including a period operating as a freelance surveyor, providing claim validation and scheduling services, he took his first Claims Adjuster role in 2011, working for a niche adjusting firm in Manchester.
In 2014 he moved over to Cunningham Lindsey as a Commercial Adjuster, gaining agricultural and rural expertise. In 2016 he joined Crawford & Company as an Executive Adjuster, then moving on to another international adjusting firm as a Senior Commercial Adjuster. Stuart was promoted to the role of Operations Manager for the Domestic Major Loss & Agriculture and Rural Team.
In 2019 Stuart joined McLarens for the opportunity to progress his career. Stuart has a broad range of experience in all types of losses, including agricultural claims, high net worth, large commercial claims, real estate and local authority claims.
He has experience dealing with catastrophe losses, which includes deployments to the US Virgin Islands, Grand Bahama and Bermuda over the last 5 years. More locally, Stuart has experienced several UK weather related events including floods in Hull, Lancashire and Cumbria.
Stuart completed his studies and qualified as a Chartered Loss Adjuster in April 2020.
- Hurricane / Storm Loss – 2019 – Severe damage to a private hangar at Grand Bahama Airport (USD 700 K)
- Hurricane / Storm Loss – 2019 – Severe damage to a private dwelling, Grand Bahama, Bahamas (USD 950 K)
- Fire – 2013 Large Fire at Wood Flooring Manufacturer, Leeds UK (£480 K)
- Escape of Oil – 2018 – Private Dwelling, North Wales, UK (£240 K)
- Flood / Storm Loss – 2015 – Flooding to a Hotel, Cumbria, UK (£180 K)
- Theft – 2016 – Theft of Stock, Bottling plant, Preston, UK (£140 K)
- Flood / Storm – Flooding by sea to HNW client – Cromer, UK (£450 K)
- Fire – 2018 – Large Fire at Private Estate HNW- Northwich, UK (£400 K)
- Accidental Damage – 2016 – Death of Livestock, Blackburn Farm, UK (£70 K)
- Products Liability – 2019 -Tainted Milk – Cumbrian Farm, UK (£45 K)