Sy Roper joined McLarens in 2017, after working in the insurance industry for over 12 years. Sy’s previous experiences in the insurance and claims industry, including for two of the leading insurance companies in Trinidad and Tobago, have only continued to grow since coming on board with McLarens. As a General Adjuster Sy has handled property losses dealing from theft, fire, water, flooding, storms, and earthquakes, as well as liability losses such as workman’s compensation, slip and falls, the recovery department, etc.
Sy’s talents and expertise have also been able to shine while handling Cash in Transit losses. Coming to McLarens with a varied background in training and certifications (including Anti Money Laundering), Sy has continued to build up his educational knowledge, having been awarded a level 3 certification with The Chartered Insurance Institute out of the UK, and a certificate by the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters, which he went on to become a certified member of. He is currently completing his CII and CILA qualifications and at present is CII (Claims); Cert. CILA. Sy is a proud member of the Association of Caribbean Commonwealth Loss Adjusters, and is looking forward to continuing as a seasoned adjuster for years to come.
- Property Insurance (Guyana), Alleged Subsidence – Building Collapse (USD 650 K)
- Property Insurance (Trinidad and Tobago), Public Liability – Fuel Contamination (USD 75 K)
- Property Insurance, Catastrophe (Anguilla) – Hurricane Irma (USD 800 K)
- Property Insurance, Catastrophe (Trinidad and Tobago) – Major Flooding (USD 150 K)
- Property Insurance, Flooding (Trinidad and Tobago) – Loss of Poultry Livestock at Various Farms (USD 50 K)
- Property Insurance (Trinidad and Tobago), Dust Explosion – Grain Mill Elevator (USD 50 K)