Between 2000 and 2001, Tim worked for JLT Insurance Brokers in Taiwan, where he gained experience working in an all Chinese office and for both Broking and Claims for commercial clients. From 2001 – 2006, he worked for CTC Services based in London, while travelling extensively for claims and audit & review work in Europe and Asia.
Tim handled losses arising from the 2004 Hurricane Ivan in the Cayman Islands and the 2005 Hurricane Wilma in Mexico. In 2006, he moved to McLarens Thailand where he worked on a large portfolio of claims including property, CAR, Liability, and JB.
In May 2010, Tim was involved in working on losses arising from the civil unrest in Bangkok. Between 2011 and 2013, he was involved in handling a large number of multimillion dollar losses, including PD, BI and CBI claims arising from the October 2011 Thailand floods.
In 2015 Tim relocated to China as the Deputy Managing Director of McLarens Man Yee before taking over the role of Managing Director in mid-2017. In January 2019 he returned to Thailand as Managing Director of the McLarens Thailand operation.
He spent 11 years living in Italy and speaks, reads, and writes Italian fluently. He studied Chinese at an university, which involved a year studying in Beijing and subsequently moving to Taiwan where he lived for 2 years. He also speaks, reads, and writes (Mandarin) Chinese.
- Numerous multi-million dollar flood losses at manufacturers of semi-conductors and automobile parts
- Various fires at well-known fast food restaurants
- Machinery Breakdown at manufacturer of aluminium ingots
- Impact damage to jetty under construction
- Accidental Damage to gas pipe during installation using HDD technology
- Numerous Third Party bodily injury & property damage claims at hotels, restaurants, condominiums, and shopping centers
- Oil spill at the top of the Gulf of Thailand involving extensive damage to the marine environment and coastal communities
- Numerous product liability, product guarantee and product recall losses relating to foodstuffs, cosmetics, water heaters, food cans, baby pacifiers, diapers, baby bibs, radiator valves, chewing gum, domestic appliances and bicycles
- Explosion at a chemical refinery causing widespread damage to Third Party businesses and residential communities
- Accidental release of chlorine from chemical manufacturer that caused injuries to Third Parties