Claims Technician Construction & Engineering (UK)
Due to continued growth and expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Technician to join our Construction & Engineering team. This is a role for an enthusiastic individual looking to join an established team. The role will be Home Based, with occasional travel to our London City office.
Reporting to the Senior Claims Technician you will be an active member of the Construction & Engineering team support function, with the overall objective of providing effective support to Adjusters and other claims technicians in the team, aiding productivity in the handling of Construction & Engineering claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administration of new claims including receiving instruction, issuing acknowledgments, setting up files and undertaking of risk screening and triaging.
- Working closely with Adjusters to assist with investigation, claims management and validation enquiries.
- Controlling the lifecycle of the files to drive diary management and support the proactive management of claims from setting up to conclusion.
- Assisting in the overseeing Adjuster caseloads when necessary, during periods of leave.
- Liaising as required with the insured, insurers, brokers and any other stakeholders to ensure optimum customer service, becoming a secondary point of contact where needed for interested parties.
- Aiding the production of technical reports for Adjusters in compliance with professional standards and internal guidelines and in accordance with agreed timescales
- Aiding in the preparation of co-insurers apportionment spreadsheets.
- Ensuring time reporting and billing is compliant with internal standards processing and systems.
- Developing and running management information for clients as well as for internal use, including performance measurement and data integrity reports.
- Ensuring company standards are met in relation to all technical and operational policies and procedures, including data protection and information security.
- Account management support where required.
- Assisting with incoming telephone calls / resolve queries.
- Other ad hoc work as required.
About you – Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable claims technician experience, including caseload management.
- A keen interest in construction related insurance matters and a willingness to learn and develop.
- An organised and methodical, accurate and analytical approach to work, with a considerable pride in the quality of output.
- Able to self-manage workload, whilst remaining a team player.
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent stakeholder management with an ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands
- Thrive in a high-pressured working environment
- Be driven to meet and exceed targets
- Flexible with regards to travel which may be required as and when
Should you wish to apply, please submit your CV and supporting cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.