Andrew Southall joins McLarens Aviation as part of the Claims team. Andrew is a qualified Licensed Aircraft Engineer with over 15 years’ industry experience working for British Airways and QANTAS. Andrew holds both EASA and the Australian CASA part 66 unrestricted B1 and C Maintenance Licenses.
He has worked in major line and casualty maintenance environments. During this period, Andrew has held positions such as Senior Certifying Engineer, Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, and Duty Station Engineer.
Qualifications held include a BTEC Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with distinction, type approvals for Boeing 767, 747, and Airbus A380, as well as a First Class Honours degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- Aircraft incident management, recovery and repair process co-ordination
- Technical forensic root cause analysis of aircraft systems and tooling
- Significant claims experience in both General Aviation and Commercial Aviation sectors
- Airline and operator risk review for insurance market
- Detailed aircraft records audit and review
- Asset assurance reviews for both fixed wing and rotorcraft operators