Ben is a FCA qualified Chartered Accountant and Chartered Loss Adjuster. His role involves providing forensic accounting services related to Business Interruption claims currently focussing on SME claims.
Ben has worked for over 15 years in the insurance market for leading insurance Loss Adjusters in Australia providing Business Interruption support, calculating losses, negotiating with Insureds and Insurers and ensuring a settlement of the claim agreeable to both parties. He also spent a year working in the UK in loss adjusting and for forensic accountants, Haberman Ilett LLP (now part of Kroll).
Prior to loss adjusting and following his qualification as a Chartered Accountant in London, Ben worked for 3 years in Corporate Recovery for a large East Australian Coast practice in Sydney.
- $700k loss of rent for multiple tenants in a shopping centre
- $1m Business Interruption and Increased Cost for Academic entity
- $2m suppliers extension Business Interruption claim
- $6m Business Interruption for foam cup manufacturer
- $1m Business Interruption crematorium claim (fire)
- $5m stock claim for small goods wholesaler
- $650k Business Interruption for curtain wholesaler
- $1.5m Business Interruption for Government entity during COVID
- $25m Business Interruption claim for local Government stadium during COVID