Ernest started his career in civil engineering with Greatearth Construction Pte Ltd, an A1 main contractor in Singapore, as a Project Engineer in 2014. He was responsible of overseeing sub-contractors, planning of construction project schedules, handling of technical civil engineering issues, and construction safety and risk assessment for the project Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine at Mandalay Road.
With his experiences in the construction industry, McLarens recruited Ernest in August 2016 as an Engineering Adjuster. In his current role, he is involved particularly on contractors and erection all risk claims on large commercial complexes, plants and factories, infrastructure losses, and other major civil works in Singapore.
Aside from loss adjusting, Ernest also undertakes Risk Assessment surveys for existing and new infrastructure projects in Singapore.
- Construction All Risks – Damage to Dome structure (SGD4.7million)
- Erection All Risks – Damage to power cables (SGD3.5million)
- Agriculture – Business interruption and property damage loss – Windstorm damage to sheds (SGD2million)
- Erection All Risks – Damage to power cable (SGD2million)
- Contractors All Risks – Fire at Media Hub (SGD1.2million)