Karl started his career as a Building Surveyor in 2006, as an undergraduate student working in private practice.
He returned to the private Surveying / Engineering practice following his graduation, where he spent 11 years, obtaining extensive experience in the discipline. His experience extended to include project management, defect diagnosis, report writing, contract administration, specification writing, whilst also specialising in Party Wall matters.
Karl joined McLarens in April 2017, bringing a wealth of building surveying expertise. He supports our loss adjusters on technical and quantum validation, covering complex, major loss, high net worth and private client claims across the UK.
Since joining McLarens, Karl has become a Chartered Building Surveyor and developed a career in adjusting, gaining experience and exposure on Commercial Losses, specialising in complex subsidence claims.
In 2017 and 2019, Karl was deployed to St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean following Hurricanes, Irma & Maria and the Bahamas following Hurricane Dorian. Karl spent 3 months surveying and adjusting storm claims
Karl has attained Cert CILA and is looking to progress his career in adjusting, working towards qualifications in CILA and CII.
As a wider commitment to the industry, Karl sits on the CILA Surveying and Subsidence specialist interest group, as well as being a Executive Committee Member of the Subsidence Forum. He is also a member of the Pyramus and Thisbe Club.
- £15,000,000.00 fire of a Grade II Listed Building Surveying support to the lead adjuster, liaising with Insurers, the appointed Consultants and Local Authority conservation offices on scope and quantum.
- £2,000,000.00 Building Guarantee claim. Specialist surveying support to lead adjuster.
- £2,000,000.00 fire of a Grade II Listed mansion. Surveying support to the lead adjuster, liaising with Insurers, the appointed Consultants and Local Authority conservation offices on scope and quantum.
- £3,000,000.00 Escape of Water. Surveying support to the lead adjuster, assisting the appointed consultants on drying, scope and quantum.
- £100,000.00 – liability claim following the construction of a reinforced concrete shaft to manage the floor risk. The claim related to dewatering subsidence.
- Managing a portfolio of Subsidence claims across London and the South East.
- Adjusted a portfolio of Storm claims following Hurricanes Irma & Maria, 2017 – St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean.
- £5,000,000 claim against developer due to latent defects. Project managed the initial investigations and claim, including the Contract Administration of the scope of remedial works, across several blocks owned by the largest Housing Association in Europe.
- £1,000,000 fire. Contract Administrated the remedial works within the multi occupancy block from investigation and strip out, through to completion of the work.
- £200,000 flood. Contract administrated the remedial works to several properties from initial drying phase through to the completion of the remedial works and resolution of account matters.
- £250,000 gas explosion. Project managed the reconstruction of the two-story property, including the resolution of disputes under the Party wall etc. Act 1996.
- £150,000 escape of water claim to a Grade II listed property. Project managed the drying phase through to the completion of the remedial work including consultation with historians and conservation officers regarding the scope.