Koh graduated from University of Technology Malaysia (UTM) with a degree in Bachelor of Science Human Resource Development in year 2003. Thereafter, he attainted a professional paper with the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) and obtained a chartership from Australasian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjuster (ACLA) in year 2011.
He embarked on loss adjusting in year 2003 and since then, has joined several international loss adjusting firms in Johor Bahru where he gained vast experience in various types of losses that includes property and casualty, machinery breakdown, engineering, fidelity guarantee, contractors all risks etc. Prior joining McLarens Malaysia, he headed Johor Bahru branch for an international loss adjusting firm for about 8 years. He has been involved in catastrophe flood loss in Bangkok in year 2011 and catastrophe flood loss in Malaysia in year 2017 and 2021.
- Flood loss involving a furniture factory (USD 500K)
- Fire involving a plastic injection moulding factory (USD 900K)
- Breakdown of gas turbine at contract site (USD 2 Million)
- Fire involving splitter column at oil palm factory (USD 1 Million)
- Fire to furniture warehouse (USD 4 Million)