Malcolm Addy has over 34 years’ experience in loss adjusting, with the past 21 being overseas. Aside from 2 years in Asia, he has been based in the Middle East for 19 of those. He joined McLarens in September 2016 in the role of Country Manager – UAE, based in Dubai while also overseeing operations in Bahrain and Qatar.
Since 1998 Malcolm has worked in senior roles in the GCC insurance markets heading up offices in KSA, Qatar and the UAE and operated in the wider Middle East region.
Malcolm has an extensive background in commercial claims, liability, energy, EAR/CAR, and utility losses and as sole adjuster on many LNG and petrochemical projects.
Countries he has lived in and visited in a professional capacity include Bahrain, Cambodia, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
- Office Tower: Fire Loss (USD 20 Million)
- Petrochemical Company Dredger Vessel: (USD 10 Million)
- University Offices: Fire Loss (USD 30 Million)
- Structural Engineers: Slab Collapse (USD 10 Million)
- Shopping Mall: Major Fire Loss (USD 35 Million)
- Desalination Plant Shipment: Marine Loss (USD 12 Million)
- LNG Plant: Design Defect (USD 10 Million)
- Oil Pipeline: Network Corrosion (USD 30 Million)
- Architects: Multiple Design Defects (USD 20 Million)