Mark originally trained in private practice as a building surveyor, qualifying as Chartered Surveyor in 1991. He started his career in loss adjusting, joining Thomas Howell Group in 1991. In 1998, he joined Property & Casualty Services (PCS), the loss adjusting arm of the Independent Insurance Co, where he focused on a mix of property and CAR/CPE losses. After PCS was acquired by RSA in 2000, Mark moved into RSA’s dedicated in-house CAR/EAR adjusting team. He qualified as Chartered Loss Adjuster in 2001.
In 2006, Mark joined GAB Robins, managing the UK Construction & Engineering team, dealing with a range of major CAR, construction liability and CPE losses . In 2008, he accepted the position of director at Miller International loss adjusters (then acquired by Buckley Scott), responsible for the team of adjusters dealing with CAR / construction PL claims from the London market. He handled CAR claims / PFI schemes including the Miles Platting social housing project, Manchester and various other new build school and hospital project works.
In 2011, Mark joined Advanta loss adjusters where he was initially involved with CAR/ALoP losses on power generation projects, infrastructure and construction liability losses. Mark was extensively involved in settling a number of high value CAR tunneling and ground movement PL claims on the Crossrail project. He was a board director focused on establishing a UK construction and engineering operation, where he and his team dealt with a range of major EAR, CAR contract works losses, CPE, construction liability and non-negligent / construction liability and non-negligent / 21.2.1 claims.
- CAR product liability claim involving fire at firefighter training Centre
- CAR CPE loss, damage to mobile crane (GBP 250 K)
- CAR Contract Works claim office block construction project (GBP 5 Million)
- CAR Contract Works & PL claims, multi storey building collapse (GBP 1.5 Million)
- CAR Contract Works tunneling losses & PL claims (GBP 12 Million)
- CAR/EAR & ALoP, damage to civil engineering works and machinery damage, flooding of hydro power plant (GBP 12 Million)
- Property Damage & BI loss, recycling warehouse fire (GBP 2 Million)
- CAR Contract Works, water damage, latent damage & multiple defects, high rise building (EUR 3 Million)
- EAR Contract Works, wave damage to harbour project (US$ 6.5 Million)
- CAR Contract Works, water damage loss to new hospital building (GBP 2.6 Million)