Michael graduated from the University of Aberdeen in 2005 with a Master of Arts in Politics and International Relations. Prior to joining McLarens, he worked for over fifteen years with an international Shipbroking company where he handled a variety of different vessel charters on a worldwide basis. Dealing with complex contractual negotiations and evaluations, Michael has been involved with hundreds of vessel charters domestically and internationally in the Upstream Offshore Oil & Gas markets for Subsea Construction, Subsea Pipelines, Inspection Maintenance and Repair (IMR), Marine Transport and Ocean Towing. In addition, he has been involved with projects in Offshore Renewables and also the emerging Aquaculture markets.
Michael brings considerable contractual expertise to McLarens along with extensive exposure in the Offshore Marine markets.
- Offshore Equipment – Physical Damage (USD 6 Million)
- Field Gas Compressors – Physical Damage/Business Interruption (USD 3.3 Million)
- Marine Equipment – Physical Damage (USD 2.5 Million)
- Onshore Wind – Physical Damage and Business Interruption (USD 11 Million)
- Oil & Gas Tank Battery – Pollution Liability and Clean Up (USD 750 K)
- Hydro Power Turbine – Physical Damage/Business Interruption (USD 4.5 Million)
- Subsea Equipment – Physical Damage (USD 12 Million)
- Construction Equipment – Physical Damage (USD 500 K)
- Oil & Gas E&P Property – General Liability (USD 1.4 Million)
- Marina – Physical Damage/Business Interruption (USD 380 K)