After completion of his under-grad degree in 2002, Nagasekaran started his career with Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering in Malayasia & Clavon Marine Engineering SDN BHD, Singapore as a Project Coordinator in Ship Building division. Along with that he was working as an Assistant Project Manager in various ship building projects at Timblo Dry-docks, Goa/Malpe Shipyard, Udupi/Bharti Shipyard, Mangalore / Cochin Shipyard, Kochi.
He entered loss adjusting field in 2011. He commenced working with McLarens in 2011 as a Trainee Surveyor. He was promoted to Senior Manager grade in due course and started handling major claims on projects such as Industrial All Risks, Machinery Breakdown and all types of Engineering claims. He has also been involved in catastrophic losses like Thane Cyclone, Gaja Cyclone, Vardah Cyclone, Okhi Cyclone, Chennai Mega Flood, Kashmir Flood, Kerala Flood and other major property losses.
- Loss to Road Projects due to Heavy Rain– CAR (USD $400K)
- Loss to Road under Construction due to Flood – CAR (USD $580K)
- Fire damage to Stocks – Mega Risk Policy (USD $680K)
- Loss to Civil Structure & Power Plant due to Okhi Cyclone – Mega Risk
- Thane Cyclone losses to Factories located at PIPDIC, Pondicherry
- Kerala Flood Loss to Telecommunication Sites
- Kerala Flood Loss to Stocks of Plywood Industries located at Perumbavoor, Ernakulam
- Chennai Mega Flood loss to telecommunication sites
- Kashmir (Srinagar) Mega Flood losses to the stocks of Medicines
- Vardah Cyclone loss to telecommunication sites
- Gaja Cyclone loss to Stocks of Garments Factories at Pudukkottai & Delta Districts
- Okhi Cyclone loss to Fishing Trawlers at Kanniyakumari & Trivandrum
- Mandous Cyclone loss to Fishing Trawlers at Pondicherry & Chennai Kasimedu Old Fishing Harbour.