Nigel started his career in loss adjusting in 1990 for a small regional loss adjusting practice primarily dealing with building claims at all levels. He then progressed to a number of international loss adjusting firms in surveying and technical management roles.
In 1996, Nigel diversified into Construction and Engineering claims handling a wide range of CAR, EAR, Plant, Engineering and Major Infrastructure Project claims throughout Ireland initially and then throughout the UK.
This developed further into technology claims handing all types of IT and specialist technology claims including IT failures, thefts, Reinstatement of Data, ICOW, telecoms and specialist printing equipment claims for many major Insurers throughout the UK and Ireland.
With the development of cyber cover, the move across to this sector was a natural progression with few experienced technology loss adjusters in the market. Nigel has dealt with many diverse cyber claims for major corporations, banking sector, educational institutions, religious organisation, mid-range businesses and SMEs including ransomware incidents, cybercrime, data breach, data corruption, cyber liability (first and third party) and cyber business interruption.
In addition to the cyber and technology incidents, Nigel continues to handle a variety of plant, CAR, specialist engineering and renewable energy claims including many plant claims in excess of £100,000, CAR claims up to £500,000, machinery breakdown, explosion and renewable energy claims at all levels.
- Major cyber crime incident and data breach for a major academical institution in excess of €500,000
- Complex ransomware incident on multi-site wholesale food business amounting to circa £400,000
- Complicated data breach incident on church organisation involving the breach of sensitive data which required proactive legal and public relations support and forensic investigations
- Denial of Service attack on major online retailer in the run up to the Christmas period which required extensive support and technical assistance to prevent the continued attack and mitigate potential large business interruption exposure
- Complex hacking and data breach incident on international banking organisation with potential exposure of $80 million
- £400,000 hacking incident on international business on multiple global sites with all data being encrypted and organisation being unable to function
- Ransomware attack on 3rd level education college with $2 million ransom demand. Complex attack involving many aspects and specialist cyber forensics support which supported recovery and rebuilding of systems.
- Hacking incident on major UK retailer with 65 individual sites which involved data encryption, data breach and major rebuilding of systems in excess of £300,000
- Wide range of incidents on mid-range and SME businesses involving ransomware attacks, data breach, cyber crime and cyber BI coverage
- Major flooding incident on UK Police Force HQ involving large volumes of IT equipment damaged which required both restoration and replacement of equipment together with relocation and temporary setup of alterative systems amounting to circa £250,000
- Multiple cyber crime incident on small business amounting to transfer of £100,000 of funds from Insured bank account to cyber criminals. Quick actions and mitigations resulted in the recovery of over £60,000 of the misappropriated funds