Ruairi commenced handling claims as an apprentice solicitor in September 2002. He completed his apprenticeship with J.A. Shaw & Co, Solicitors, Mullingar and was admitted to the roll of solicitors in Ireland at Easter 2005. His work included civil litigation, criminal litigation, licensing, employment law, family law, company law, conveyancing and probate.
During his time as a solicitor, he gained valuable experience of contesting cases in the District, Circuit and High Courts and developed an understanding of the evidential requirements necessary to successfully defend a case and settled cases in circumstances where a successful defence was unlikely to be achieved.
Ruairi commenced working for Garwyn Ireland (now Davies Ireland) in 2009 as a Senior Liability Adjuster. During his time there, he managed a diverse portfolio of claims (including professional indemnity, EL, PL, property, products liability and contractors all risks claims) on instructions from Insurers / Brokers.
He also developed particular experience handling claims for a number of security schemes and as the nominated adjuster for a professional indemnity Insurer dealing with claims for brokers, architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, barristers, etc.
Ruairi moved to McLarens Ireland in September 2017, where he currently manages a growing portfolio of EL and PL claims.
- Claims in District, Circuit, and High Courts
- Claims for a sizable light civil engineering company
- Claims arising out of security schemes who insured static & mobile, door security, & security & alarm installation
- Professional indemnity claim involving an insurance & investment broker and a fradulent, unregulated investment vehicle
- Norovirus outbreak in the hospitality sector
- Milk contamination and fuel contamination cases for an insurance company
- Claims for toll management companies
- Serious injuries and fatality claims for a major producer and exporter of machinery
- Presence of pyrite in aggregate used in construction of a building development