Sam graduated from the Edinburgh Napier University in Scotland with a BA Honours Degree in Financial Services Management.
He is a Chartered Loss Adjuster, a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and a Certified Insurance Professional.
After two years of training with a local firm of Loss Adjusters, Sam joined a well-established international loss adjsting outfit in 1979. He worked his way up to the post oF Director.
In Sam’s over 40 years’ experience, he had handled losses in Burnei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Guam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
He has worked as Managing Director for a UK based international insurance consultancy firm, for 5 years @ 2010 were he was in charge of the offices in the Asia Pacific region and Sri Lanka. During this period, he also acted as Technical Adviser of a leading Indonesian loss adjusting firm.
- Hotel Mould Damage Claim – SGD 100 million
- Thai Flood Claim – SGD 15 million
- In-land Transit Claim – SGD 12 million
- Warehouse Fire – SGD 10 million
- Manufacturing Plant fire claim – SGD 10 million
- Factory Fire – SGD 7 million
- Stock in Cold Room Claim – SGD 5 million
- Silo Damage Claim – SGD 3 million
- Product Liability Claim – SGD 2 million
- Hotel Fire Claim – SGD 1 million