Simon has over 35 years of experience in front line claims investigation, both material damage and liability claims (property and bodily injury). He has extensive experience in claims arising related to the construction industry, having worked in the London Market for 20 years handling CAR/EAR claims (including major tunneling losses). After moving to Singapore in 2000, Simon has increasingly focused on major losses in the power and energy sector with particular emphasis on machinery breakdown. He also has handled major property losses.
Simon is a regional adjuster and focuses on large losses in both the Philippines and Vietnam. He also operates in other territories in Asia according to client requirements. He has extensive project claims handling experience on major infrastructure contacts both in the UK and overseas including railway projects and various chemical, oil, and power station erection projects, as well as the personal injury / fatality investigations related to the industry.
Simon also has extensive hurricane / typhoon / catastrophe experience (Hurricanes Hugo 1989, Marilyn 1996, Super typhoon Pongsona 2003, Hurricane Ivan 2004, Typhoon Nargis 2008, Thailand Floods 2011, and various high value losses in the Philippines from Typhoon Yolanda in 2013).
Simon is the author of the booklet on “Contractors Claims – an analysis of recoverable heads of claim under an insurance policy”.
- Steam Turbine Machinery Breakdown: Business Interruption
(USD 100 Million)
- Gas Turbine Blade Failure: Business Interruption (USD 20
- Hydro Power Plant Generator: Stator Failure (USD 10 Million)
- Factory: Flood Damage (USD 90 Million)
- Refinery Outfall: Pipeline Losses (USD 20 Million)
- Bridge Collapse (USD 10 Million)
- Office Building: Fire Loss / CAR (USD 15 Million)
- Manufacturing Plant: Fire Loss (USD 5 Million)
- Various hydro losses in Vietnam: Tunnel/Slope face collapses
- Oil Refinery Plant Projects
- Thermal Power Plant Project losses
- Refinery EAR losses
- Nickel processing plant losses