Stephen began his insurance career in Sydney, Australia, working within an insurers property claims department. Following his relocation to Glasgow in 1997, Stephen has worked with a number of Loss Adjusting companies (Ashworth Mairs; Cunningham Lindsey and Davies) both within technical and managerial positions.
Stephen has a broad range of experience, including TPA Management, people management, and all aspects of Domestic and Commercial Property Adjusting. He has dealt with losses arising from the Carlisle floods in 2005, floods in Hull in 2007, and York in 2015. Stephen was also involved in establishing and managing a dedicated unit to deal with claims on behalf of various Police Authorities following the London Riots of 2011.
Stephen is a Chartered Loss Adjuster (ACILA), and holds a Diploma with the Chartered Insurance Institute (DipCII).
Stephen joined McLarens in March 2020 as Executive Manager for the Scotland office, combining a management role with a caseload of larger losses. Stephen is responsible for the Scotland region.
- Fire to housing association block of Flats (£350 K)
- Fire to retail premises and flats above (£250 K)
- Water damage to hotel (£500 K)
- Fire damage to luxury detached home (£350 K)
- Public House Fire (£450 K)
- Storm Damage to Garden Centre (£400 K)
- Fire damage to industrial units (£400 K)