Steven’s career commenced with a spell as a trainee underwriter, before a move into loss adjusting in 1990 with GAB Robins. In 2001 Steven was appointed Regional Director for Northern Ireland, and in 2005 took leadership of the UK Major & Complex Loss Team, leading the business through many notable events including the 7/7 London Underground suicide bombs and multiple claims arising from the Buncefield Oil Storage Depot explosion.
In 2007, Steven joined McLarens taking a seat on the UK/Ireland Management Board with responsibility for Operations & Finance and in 2019 was appointed Managing Director of the UK & Ireland business. Steven also sits on McLarens’ Global Management Team.
Steven is a past president of the Insurance Institute of Northern Ireland and has also served on the UK councils of the CII and CILA.
- Phase to phase fault within stator winding of a gas turbine generator resulting in MD/BI (GBP 10 Million)
- Water damage / contamination to a semi-conductor plant of a global computer component manufacturer (GBP 12 Million)
- Explosion in transformer house of an on-shore generating plant (GBP 5 Million)
- Damage to a motorway construction project (GBP 1.5 Million)
- Explosion / fire of a high voltage generator within a 30 year old power plant (GBP 5 Million)