Steven began his loss adjusting career in 1990, after commencing his insurance career as an Underwriter with a major UK insurer. He was appointed Regional Director of the Northern Ireland operation of GAB Robins in 2001, and in 2005 took leadership of the UK Major & Complex Loss product line, leading the team through many notable events including the 7/7 London Underground suicide bombs and multiple claims arising from the Buncefield Oil Storage Depot explosion.
Other major adjusting projects include the management of a GBP 40 Million Products Liability incident, a GBP 10 Million semi- conductor industry PD/BI loss, various terrorist bomb incidents, and many multi-million PD/BI losses occurring within the Energy market. He instructed as an Expert Witness (Quantum) by the legal fraternity within both UK and Irish jurisdictions.
Steven is a Past President of the Insurance Institute of Northern Ireland and is a current member of the UK Council of CILA.
In 2007, Steven joined McLarens taking a seat on the UK/Ireland Management Board with responsibility for Operations & Finance and in 2019 was appointed Managing Director of the UK & Ireland business. Steven also sits on McLarens’ Global Management Team.
- Loss involving a phase to phase fault within stator winding of a gas turbine generator resulting in MD/BI (GBP 10 Million)
- Loss involving extensive water damage / contamination to a semi-conductor plant of a global computer component manufacturer (GBP 12 Million)
- Loss involving explosion in transformer house of an on-shore generating plant (GBP 5 Million)
- Claim for storm damage to a motorway construction project (GBP 1.5 Million)
- Claim involving an explosion / fire of a high voltage generator within a 30 year old power plant (GBP 5 Million)
Ulster University - Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting & Finance
Business Interruption, Energy, High Net Worth, Products Liability, Expert Witness (Quantum)
30 years 1990