Toby started his claims career in 1991, working for a large composite insurer in Birmingham and then Haverhill, before joining the Loss Adjusting profession in 1996 with GAB Robins.
Over the following twelve years, Toby gained broad Commercial Property, BI, Major and Complex loss experience with GAB Robins, McLarens Toplis and then Ashworth Mairs Group where he was subsequently promoted to Associate Director for the London and East Anglia region.
Toby joined Cunningham Lindsey in 2008 as Operations Manager for North and East London. He was promoted in 2009 to Regional Property Manager with operational responsibility over three offices covering London/South East and East Anglia.
Following a short spell at Stream Claim Services, Toby joined McLarens in August 2015 as Regional Manager for London & South East, bringing with him a wealth of technical, operational and client management experience. He was promoted to Head of Operations – South in 2019.
- £600,000 – Fire at a tyre distributor based in the East Midlands. Extensive Stock/BI claim requiring complex validation
- £300,000 – Multi vehicle impact damage to large petrol station forecourt in North London. Significant and complicated accident scene clearance and debris removal swiftly required to mitigate property damage/BI exposure. A complex subrogation procedure was successfully concluded
- £400,000 – Fire at a large carpet wholesalers in East London requiring detailed salvage handling
- £150,000 – A major escape of water claim at a power tool and machinery supplier in North London. Extensive reinstatement work required and detailed Stock claim
- £250,000 – Extensive fire at a nursing home in the South East involving serious injuries to several residents and staff. Swift restoration and reinstatement works enabled early return to the property by all parties. Potential BI claim halved
- £175,000 – Fire at a restaurant in South Wales. Specialist catering equipment swiftly sourced to minimise disruption to the business
- £125,000 – Storm damage to warehouse cargo container based at a distribution port in the South East. Specialist reinstatement works required involving multiple stakeholders although repairs expedited minimising delays on the onward transit of cargo which had been temporarily trapped within the structure
- £150,000 – Flood damage to a seafront amusement arcade in the South East, involving extensive BI implications
- £1,100,000 – Significant fire damage on a motor trade site resulting in complex settlement negotiations
- £200,000 – Extensive escape of water claim to a dental surgery in London, including both freehold and leasehold interests and significant BI claim/damage to specialist dental equipment