Vivek is an Associate of the Insurance Institute of India with over 30 years experience in marine cargo claims. He has personally carried out more than 3000 surveys in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates, Oman and Bahrain.
Vivek started his career as a cargo surveyor at Lloyd’s Agency, Kathmandu, Nepal in 1992 and thereafter acted as Manager, Lloyd’s Agency, Kathmandu and in New Delhi, India. Later he headed the India and Nepal operations of one of the oldest and largest international survey and claim settling agents in India.
Relocated to UAE in 2015, he has more than 7 years experience handling claims all around the Middle East. Vivek recently joined McLarens in Dubai as Marine Manager, UAE.
- Claim related to Cyclone Vardah: Rust, corrosion, dent, scratch damage to cars shipped from India to UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia
- Damage to automobiles caused by contact with airborne industrial corrosive particles while in storage at an open transit yard in Jebel Ali, Dubai
- Hail damage to automobiles stored in open yards in Dubai
- Damage claims on machinery and project cargo
- Liability claim – Heavy equipment washed overboard due to improper loading and stowage
- Large claim related to reefer container shipments due to temperature abuse caused by improper dunnage
- Shortage claims from seal-intact dry containers and ISO tank containers
- Shortage claim – Gold bars from sealed boxes – air shipment from Dubai to Delhi
- Personal effects and household goods claim; including restoration of high value artwork