William, a Chartered Building Surveyor, began his loss adjusting career at Ellis & Buckle in 1996 and over the next 17 years, has gained extensive experience on a variety of buildings claims either as lead adjuster or as assisting adjuster across a wide range of building types, construction, and value. This has involved, amongst others, the project management of major losses, defect analysis, and rigorous cost control, working closely with surveyors and Insured parties to identify scope and costs.
He is a regular referral point for technical and cost enquiries with the adjusters across the Scottish and North regions of the business.
- PL claim evaluating alleged defect, quantum and repair methodology for a engineering contract (GBP 5 Million)
- Claim involving theft of copper pipe work and resultant water damage for block of flats development in Edinburgh (GBP 200 K)
- Claim for fire damage to a listed building in Windsor (GBP 1.5 Million)
- Claim for 3000 ton shiplift which failed while in operation, repudiated as damage identified as due to wear & tear
- CAR claim for storm damage to a school roof
- Claim for storm damaged masts under construction, assembled to measure wind speeds as part of a wind farm development (GBP 100 K)