Alex started out in the insurance industry working with Norwich Union as a Commercial Claims Handler, working out of their Southend, Essex branch.
Having picked up the basics in insurance principles and claims handling, Alex subsequently moved to Cunningham Lindsey as a desktop Claims Handler allowing him to acquire further technical knowledge and experience before taking up a field role with Crawford & Co. handling domestic and commercial claims up to £100k.
Alex joined McLarens during 2020 as a Commercial Property Adjuster and has since progressed into an Executive Adjuster – Major Loss role handling a portfolio of major and complex property damage losses up to £2m in value further developing his skills and gaining critical experience.
- Townhouse development at Stratford Village (London Olympic site): Foul water contamination affecting ten townhouses on the, resulting in significant number of tenant decants (£1 Million)
- Boutique restaurant and guest house: Fire resulting from plant failure causing extensive damage with business having to cease trading (£800k)
- Residential housing block in East London: Significant number of tap-valve connection failures flooding eight flats (£750k)
- High school fire loss: Large fire at a school location resulting in a partial shut down and extensive repairs (£600k)
- Flooding to major retailer: Blocked outfall at coastal location resulting in significant fit-out damage and business interruption (£250k)
- Various water damage / fire losses across London region for multiple housing associations, real estate portfolios etc. (£100k – £1.2 Million)