Harold was employed as an engineer in the marine industry from 1989 to 1990 and responsible in undertaking engineering works onboard the vessel. From 1991 until 1996, he joined another engineering firm and was involved in various projects related to the oil and gas industry.
McLarens recruited Harold in 1996. In his current role, he is responsible for managing a team of adjusters, co-ordinating the work assignment, supervising and maintaining service standards.
In his professional career with McLarens, he has undertaken adjustment of machinery breakdown, fire, flood and construction plant and machinery claims in Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Harold is also computer literate and had attended various courses such as tanker familiarization course for engineers, basic fire fighting courses, gas/chemical tanker practical courses, and and received a certificate of proficiency in Survivor Craft.
He is fluent in English and Mandarin, as well as spoken dialects.
- Tsunami losses to multiple Taj resorts and Male airports in Maldives including loss of business – total claims in excess of USD10 million (2004).
- Fire claims involving warehouse building in Tuas, Singapore (2020) totalling SGD15 million.
- Fire damage to SingTel Telecommunications Complex upgrading project – contract works and liability claims totaling SGD8.5 million. Was part of experts to assist in court trial / attendances (2007).
- Fire loss to furniture manufacturing plant in VIetnam – USD5 million (2012).
- Claim on piracy attack involving GE Gas Turbine Plant Power Plant on board barge in Bangladesh – USD3 million (2010).
- Fire damage to N&N poultry farm including loss of business claims in Choa Chu Kang – SGD1.5 million (2008).
- Contract works contamination claim in under construction Esplanade Theatres project – SGD1.5 million (2001).
- Stocks contamination claim at stockists warehouse in Singapore – SGD1.5 million. Was part of experts to assist in court trials / attendances on subrogation claims (2010).
HDB terrace factory fire and loss of business claims – SGD1 million (2016).
- Multiple and numerous involvements on machinery, vessel’s, property and port’s liability claims in PSAC terminals, marine operation and Jurong Port.
- Dealt with major property, construction, machinery and CAT losses in Cambodia, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Timor Leste.
- Involved in numerous machinery claims involving heavy trucks, cranes, generators, drilling rigs, etc.