Martin is an experienced Building Surveyor working in the insurance industry for 18+ years. Having started off in the private social housing management sector, Martin progressed to managing 10,000 properties with management responsibility for the Surveying and Accounts division and a call center with 24hr cover. Martin joined the insurance sector in 2002.
Since working within the insurance sector, Martin has had significant experience in providing Surveying / Project Management input within a number of large international loss adjusting firms with volume to bespoke clients. Martin has assisted with projects worth up to £500 K, ranging from domestic to commercial customers in a variety of settings.
- Private Practice – Project management of the replacement of 1,000 central heating boilers (upgrading under decent homes standards) within social housing properties for central London borough. Project value £2.5 Million under a PPC contract (Project Partnering Contract)
- Insurance – Project management of fire and water damaged low rise block of flats in central London £500 K
- Insurance – Project management of high net worth customer’s bespoke basement, damaged by foul water following sump pump failure. Project cost £450 K High net worth insurer
- Insurance – Adjusting and project management of underpinning scheme to low rise block of flats under private clients portfolio. Project cost £320 K
- Insurance – Management of a team of 10 during the flood surge of 2007 whilst operating own caseload
- Private Practice – Rehabilitation / conversion and project management to two large Victorian properties for sheltered accommodation in North London for a social housing provider. Project cost £600 K
- Insurance – Project management of repairs to a water damaged, bespoke, modern, high-net worth property in South London for a high net worth insurer
- Insurance – Project management and defect diagnosis of blast claims following the Buncefield explosion, total portfolio cost £380 K
- Insurance – Defect diagnosis and project management of earthquake losses in South Kent. Portfolio value £220 K
- Insurance – Project management of water damaged Victorian property for a celebrity customer. High net worth insurer. Project value £180 K