If you missed it: our CPD session from 22nd February on ‘Casualty Tails – Dealing with Claims Involving Animals’ is available to watch below.
- Key elements of the Animals Act 1971 for England and Wales and how these are applied, together with negligence
- Liabilities for animals in the Republic of Ireland to include the Control of Dogs Act 1986 and Rylands v Fletcher
- Consideration as to which policies are likely to provide liability cover
- Case law and case studies to illustrate the law in practice
- Quantum giving consideration to the impact of inflation increasing claims
- Forecasting the future of animal liability claims and the influence of case law.
This session was hosted by Sandra McDonald , Head of Client Services, with:
- Stephen Smout BSc(Hons) Agric ACII ACILA, Head of Agriculture – UK & Ireland
- Heather McIlveen ACCI LLB LLM, Head of Financial Lines – Ireland
- Natasha Howles, Liability Adjuster
- Amy Shedden LLB PG Dip Law, Casualty Adjuster